Thursday, July 10, 2008

Miss Universe 2008 - Presentation Show Update

Hey, peoples! I managed to watch all videos of the girls competing in both swimsuits and evening gowns at the presentation show for this year's Miss Universe 2008. I was astounded by some of the girls' performances (Go Korea! Go Japan! Sun and Hiroko all the way! Go Ines! Tu es magnifique!). Anyways, as you all know, I've already posted my final prediction list for this year's pageant. And I was quite disappointed with some of my choices' performances at the one competition that mattered most before the final night. So, as always, to update my list, with a heavy heart, I have to remove and add some girls to my list.

GIRLS I BELIEVE WILL TAKE IT ALL (TOP 5)

After the presentation show, here are the girls I believe will take it all, in alphabetical order...I think this will be another year where there will be another South American onslaught. So, here goes - Colombia, India, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Venezuela. I think it will be a three-way fight between Tali, Elisa and Dayana. Ingrid looks tired already and Simran is still gaining ground. All the best, girls!

BUBBLING UNDER THE TOP (TOP 10)

Crystle is now down to the Top 10. I like her evening gown a lot as well as her presentation but her age is showing and it's quite obvious. Anyways, Tali performed better. So, once again in alphabetical order, Australia, Japan, Korea, T & T and USA.

POSSIBLE CONTENDERS (TOP 15)

OK, big disappointment from Norway. But I'm truly impressed with both Panama, Spain and (gasp!) Belgium. So, my list in alphabetical order is Belgium, Kosovo, Panama, South Africa and Spain.

GATECRASHERS (ALTERNATES)

Instead of the usual five girls, I decided to award more girls the opportunity in this category. After the presentation show, it seemed that more girls are shining more than before and I'm actually glad. But nevertheless, the race for the crown seem locked among those three girls I mentioned above. And I'm truly surprised by Malaysia's performance and she didn't use that hideous gown for the presentation show. Amen to that! Congrats Levy! So, in alphabetical order, these girls are Angola, Brazil, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes jackson! way to go!! =)
Is Miss Universe 2008 going to be aired live on our satelite tv? TAR WORLD) I heard no news about it..last year, there were advertisements going on even weeks before the actual show..I'm going to be so dissapointed if they are not going to be aired . =(

all the best to our Beauty Queen!! =)