Sunday, June 1, 2008

Green Peas

This is quite a random post but I know I must say something about green peas. Anyway, have any of you out there bought/eaten Ayam Brand's Green Peas before? Have you guys/gals realised that there seems to be something amiss about the green peas? In my personal opinion, I believe those are not green peas at all. In fact, they're "kacang kuda" dyed green. If you don't believe me, go buy one yourself and check the water these green peas are soaked in. It's all green and I also believe that if they're really green peas, I don't think they'll discolour that much to even colour the soaking water green. Besides, green peas don't taste like those produced by Ayam Brand. Even those frozen ones we get packaged together with sweet corn and carrot are much better. What do you guys think? Just a thought, a random one at that.

I don't know if I'm being paranoid but I trust that many companies out there, especially big ones, are resorting to cheaper productions and larger profits these days. It's quite a norm actually, so I won't be surprised if what I said above is true. It's just too bad that our consumer associations are not doing enough like those in the European/North American countries. If we happen to have a society like those in the UK, one complain and there goes everything for the company. Don't look at me like I'm some kind of shoe polisher for all things West. I'm just saying the truth, I've lived four years in the UK and I know how good their government is. Trust me, I'm still proud to be Malaysian but I just thought that Malaysians ought to/must be better off.

No comments: