Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Jax Network's Top 5 - Miss Universe 2008

Alright, peoples! Here is my first Top 15 for this year's Miss Universe 2008 and I've divided my list into three categories - Girls I Believe Will Take It All (Top 5), Bubbling Near The Top (Top 10) and Possible Contenders (Top 15) and not forgetting five more girls I believe will have the chance to make it through to the final list - Gatecrashers (Top 20). For now, I will post my Top 5 list first.

GIRLS I BELIEVE WILL TAKE IT ALL (TOP 5)

Miss Venezuela - Dayana Mendoza

All hail the queen, peoples! This will be Dayana's year and after a missed opportunity with Ly Jonaitis last year, this will be the year the Venezuelans will rejoice and be redeemed of the elusive Miss Universe crown. Mariangel Ruiz is the only Miss Venezuela that came closest to the crown after Alicia Machado won it in 1996, although both Veruska Ramirez and Claudia Moreno were also 1st Runner-up. Anyways, I'm hoping for Dayana to take it all. (Official Photo - 9.95 : Evening Gown - 9.75 : Average - 9.85)

Miss USA - Crystle Stewart

Now this is one lady the three gorgeous Latinas need to watch out for! Crystle is the strongest Miss USA in recent history, even I believe superior to the flawless Rachel Smith. With perfect execution of both the official photo and evening gown shots, it seems this girl is destined for a bright future. (Official Photo - 9.8 : Evening Gown - 9.8 : Average - 9.8)

Miss India - Simran Kaur Mundi

Enough of the Americans for the moment, here comes the Queen of Asia - the gorgeous Simran who I believe is the strongest Indian candidate after the perfect Lara Dutta. Will she finally end India's dry spell? Let's hope she does her best this coming July 13th and as always, she happens to be my sentimental favourite for the crown. (Official Photo - 9.9 : Evening Gown - 9.6 : Average - 9.75)

Miss Puerto Rico - Ingrid Marie Rivera

Will Puerto Rico win again after Zuleyka took the crown only in 2006? It's quite a difficult feat to achieve but not possible. With tons of experience, Ingrid has positioned herself to be one of the girls to beat pre-pageant. And after the release of the official photo and evening gown shots as well as candid photos, Ingrid looks set to be a frontrunner this year. Expect her to do well! (Official Photo - 9.6 : Evening Gown - 9.8 : Average - 9.7)

Miss Colombia - Taliana Vargas

I believe that a Latina will win this year and if my predictions are correct, the crown will be a 3-way fight between three gorgeous Latinas - Taliana, Ingrid and Dayana. Of the three girls, I place Taliana third, behind both Dayana and Ingrid. But don't count her out just yet, with a near perfect evening gown shot, she still stands a chance in grabbing the crown. (Official Photo - 9.35 : Evening Gown - 9.95 : Average - 9.65)

No comments: